Teacher workshops Years 3-6
Building Solid Foundations
South Australia - Teacher Workshops for Years 3 - 6
Haese Mathematics will be running 4 professional development workshops prior to Term 1, 2018.
These workshops will look at the complexity of primary mathematics teaching and the importance of providing solid foundations for secondary school and beyond.
We aim to provide teachers with the tools and information to engage and inspire students, helping them to become confident learners.
We encourage all teachers to attend. The teaching and learning concepts covered are not limited to math specific educators. We will explore a range of teaching strategies that can be applied across numerous subject areas.
Date: January 15 - 18, 2018 (workshops repeat daily)
Location: 152 Richmond Road, Marleston 5033
Presenters: Michael Haese, principal author and editor. Philippa Sawyers, author of ‘Mathematics for Australia’ Years 3 – 5 textbooks
Cost: $30, includes a textbook of your choice from our series ‘Mathematics for Australia’ Years 3 – 6.
The first 3 bookings for each workshop are sponsored by Lighthouse Books & Office Supplies.
What will be covered?
- Familiarise yourself with and unravel the Australian Curriculum
- Exploring mathematical inquiry
- The importance of freedom to find patterns
- Learning how to let students explore
- Teaching and understanding number concepts
- Participate in practical activities and learn teaching strategies to apply in the classroom
- Familiarise yourself with the print and digital features of our resources
What will I receive?
- Certificate of attendance
- One textbook of your choice from our series ‘Mathematics for Australia’ Years 3 -6
- Access to online material
Bookings can be made through Eventbrite
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by Lighthouse Books & Office Supplies