Changes to the Institution Account on 20 December 2018
Over the past few months, we have been working on a series of changes to improve the overall experience of using Snowflake. These changes have been based on user feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve Snowflake and would like to thank our users for their continued support and feedback.
We will be releasing changes to the subscription model on Thursday 20 December 2018. Southern hemisphere schools will be fully migrated to the new model next week. Northern hemisphere schools will be moved to the new interface but will not be fully migrated to the new subscription model until July 2019.
Changes specific to southern hemisphere schools:
- Assigned subscriptions will be unassigned with the exception of subscriptions assigned to teachers or with “usable until” dates after 1 May 2019.
- The remaining time on unassigned subscriptions will be credited and rounded up to the nearest number of full-length subscriptions ready for the new school year.
Changes specific to northern hemisphere schools:
- Subscriptions that are currently assigned will remain assigned until your school is fully migrated to the new system in July 2019.
- We will total up any unassigned portions of your current subscriptions (subscription expiry date minus assigned “usable until” date). This number will be credited and rounded up to the nearest number of full-length subscriptions.
Changes to all institution accounts:
- The “usable until” date feature will no longer be available. Subscriptions will be automatically assigned for the duration of the subscription period (15 or 27 months for current titles, 12 or 24 months for new titles published in 2019 onwards).
- Subscriptions can be unassigned manually with the option to be credited for the remaining period (minus two months penalty) or assigned to another student for the entire remaining duration without any loss. This is a fair alternative to the fixed expiry date in the old subscription model.
- Subscription renewals for printed books will be phased out. Instead, discounted subscriptions will be available for purchase in bulk at the end of each school year. You will be able to purchase as many discounted subscriptions as you have physical books.
- There will be a new “purchase subscriptions” button on the institution account dashboard which will allow schools to purchase additional subscriptions. Initially, our sales staff will send you a quote once your order is received. We are working towards automating this process so that your purchase can be paid by credit card and the subscriptions added automatically to your account.
- School discount will be applied to subscriptions and discounted subscriptions when purchased directly from us.
Our detailed help page provides step-by-step instructions on how to use your account and will be updated as changes are implemented. Our Sales and IT support teams will be available to assist you through the transition. If you have any questions or would like assistance with your account, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.