About the Book
Published by Zenolith
Haese Mathematics is proud to be a distributor of this book!
The Mathematics Book is unique. Its aim is simple – to show that anyone can do it! It is a beautiful how-to-do-it book blended with a lavishly illustrated coffee table volume, especially created for adults and teenagers who have not found mathematics easy or appealing. It will guide the reader through fundamental numeracy areas such as fractions, percentages, algebra, geometry, metric units, and statistics. A large number of practice problems are included to help the reader master skills and develop confidence. However, mathematics is so much more than just skill development. This book will also give the reader a global perspective of mathematics – the ideas, people, romance, history, infrastructure, and pivotal role it plays in modern society. Poetry, quotes, and hundreds of illustrations, enhance and clarify the key ideas.
The Mathematics Book answers three big questions.
What is mathematics?
What is the point of learning it?
What do I need to do to learn mathematics?
- Shows that mathematics can be beautiful, light-hearted, and fascinating.
- Substantial, accurate, well-researched, and mathematically solid content.
- Design and graphics that enhance the communication of mathematics.
- 120 full colour photographs and 400 diagrams.
- 7 cartoons by American cartoonist, Randy Glasbergen.
- 14 poems that give an introduction to each of the chapters.
- 120 quotes providing humorous, insightful, or alternative views.
- 2200 graded practise questions to assist in skill development.
- Clear explanations supported by well set out worked examples.
- A practical mathematics course in line with adult numeracy standards.
- User-friendly format.
- An encouraging ‘anyone can do it’ tone.
‘Get your geek on with this fantastic guide to the
most beautiful language of them all … mathematics.’
Year Published: 2016
Page Count: 376
ISBN: 978-0-992533-00-7 (9780992533007)