About the Book
Year Published: 2018
Page Count: 736
Teachers interested in viewing an advanced preview of this book are invited to email email@example.com.
- for use with the Cambridge IGCSE International Mathematics (0607) Extended syllabus
- may also be used for pre-IB Diploma requirements and other middle years courses
- one book for a two-year course
- includes chapters on ‘Multi-Topic Questions’ and ‘Investigations and Modelling’
- graphics calculator instructions included digitally
- wide range of graded exercises from routine practice and basic skills consolidation, to more demanding problem solving exercises
- plenty of worked examples with step-by-step instructions, supported by Self Tutor
- includes exam questions from past papers
The book embraces technology, problem solving, investigating and modelling, and offers students different learning experiences.
This book has been written to cover the Cambridge IGCSE™ International Mathematics (0607) Extended syllabus for examination from 2020. The book is endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
The material is presented in a clear, easy-to-follow style, free from unnecessary distractions, while effort has been made to contextualise questions so that students can relate concepts to everyday use. In this second edition, many of the chapters have been reordered and restructured, allowing for a more logical progression of ideas and difficulty.
Seven chapters of ‘assumed knowledge’ are accessible online for those who want to ensure that they have the prerequisite levels of understanding for the course. The last two chapters in the book are devoted to multi-topic questions, and investigations and modelling. Review exercises appear at the end of each chapter, and answers are given at the end of the book.
The accompanying digital book is accessed through our Snowflake platform. It contains our Self-Tutor software, geometry and graphics software, demonstrations and simulations, and the assumed knowledge chapters. The digital book is a complete copy of the text of the book, so students can view it on a home computer or tablet and keep the textbook at school. We are working with Cambridge Assessment International Education towards endorsement of the digital version of the book.